Saturday, February 14, 2009

God and Valentine's Day?

Today's Valentine's Day, where couples generally meet together for a '2-person' world with each other. Buying flowers and chocolates, nice dinners and walking around hand in hand are possible activities that they do too during this day..

I had the priviledge to attend a polytechnic friend's wedding lunch, and meeting with my 'juniors' there was a great experience. As I observed, I realized that some were married and some were planning their weddding dinners this year. I thank God that He has brought them through this point in time.

As I walked into the wedding venue, I was reminded that God can also be the one that we can love, and He has done what many couples will have diffculty do for each other : He died on the cross while we were still sinners (Rom 5:8). As Christ gave Himself for the church, Christian husbands should love their wives, possibly to give up their lives for her (Ephesians 5:25).

Wishing all a happy Valentine's Day.. When will I find my ewe lamb?

Yeo

No comments: