Friday, February 20, 2009

What an Exciting Day!

Today got alot of things to do: An interview with interesting outcomes, a training swim that became a "race against time" and a body yearning to Zzz..

It all started with an interview with a child and her mom for our Eng. assignment. It was fearful at first, cause we have absolutely no idea what to expect from the child (my friends who did the same assignment had bizzare results, from repeated interviews to 'clamed' up kids who refused to speak!). Guess all the worry was unfound as the child was really really participative and enjoying herself with my groupmates Su and Shama! At the end of the wohole thing, all of us were really glad that the outcome was amazingly positive.. Now to the analysis!!

At the same time, I was racing against time. My NTU Mass Swim event would start at 4 and I thought I could not make it punctually(the interview started at 2 and I wondered if the interview would take long..). With the super smooth sailing interview finished, i was able to be at NTU SRC with 25 mins to spare.. Warmups and I was ready to go! Midway though, there were more swimmers and that got me a little excited! Heehee.. Acting like a dolphin makes the swimming process easier to manage. (I was like a "dolphin" asking for 'food' in the water, while the volunteers were like zoo-keepers, providing my 'food' when I reached them.)

My target was to complete 3.8km in the pool, equating to 76 laps of a 50m swimming pool. I clinched it with a time of 1hr 40mins.. Then the ultimate, swimming another 24 laps to make it 100laps (5km).. And I got it in another 50 mins. It was personal satisfaction when I complete the 100th lap...But the next thing comes... Aching body! Even as I am typing now, I am struggling to keep myself fresh, for the body is wanting me to Zzz...

Anyways.. Gotta take a few days off to recover and prepare for Singapore Biathlon 09.. See ya!

Yeo

No comments: