Thursday, February 26, 2009

A lost bike...

My 'bike' was stolen... It's not my Giant roadbike. It was my first bike (and my dad's commuting vehicle) and it was taken away by a stranger while my dad was in the supermarket buying some things. $200+ worth of coins and his working tools were inside the bike. I guess he was sad and 'ashamed' to go back to work as a result fo the loss.

It had been with him for the past 3 years or so and to lose it was a blow to him (even though he was not showing it)... Guess my dad was open-minded about it. He even told my mom that he did not lock up the bike prior to it (which he always does, citing that no one will steal it as it was old and dirty..). Pray that he will be able to get a new bike and be strong in his work.

As for me, I did not wake up early to do my run.. I went back to my bed when the alarm woke me up. I felt very disappointed.. There will be another opportunity tomorrow, as I go back to school to do biathlon training (swim and run) in preparation for Singapore Biathlon 2009. Actually, there are many chances of doing training.. It's the discipline to wake up from the cozy bed that is the challenge..

That's all for today.. Rest well and God bless!

Yeo

2 comments:

yp said...

I went for a run yesterday and again today. First few times since Chinese New Year. Have to get rid of all the goodies....

yp said...

Hope your dad isn't taking it too hard...