Sunday, March 08, 2009

Singapore Biathlon 2009..

While most people would be meeting with the Zzz monster on the morning of 7th March, I woke up at 4.15am, preparing myself for my first (2nd actually) race: Singapore Biathlon 2009.

Had my breakfast at 4.45am, giving myself 3 hrs of time for the body to digest the food (my wave started at 7.45am), then I got my bag and went for the MRT station for the first train (5.46am). I got to Bedok MRT station at around 6.20am, after which I took the free bus to F2 carpark of ECP, where the race venue is. As expected from last year, there was a jam in that narrow road leading to the CP.

At last, i reached the venue. Got myself registered, received the race pack (+body marked with 4194) and prepared the transition area while visualizing the race route.. As I prepared to go to the starting area, a lady stopped me (I didn't know I was that charming?) and told me that I took a photo of her and she wanted the photo to be deleted... Was stunned for a moment, but got the misunderstanding cleared and the photo deleted.

Missed the wave briefing as I was doing my warmups, and got confused part way in the swim leg. I swam directly toward the exit, instead of moving towards the specifc buoy that I need to swim over. Worse still it started to rain at the return leg of my swim, which meant the waves were harder to overcome.. Drinking seawater was a common thing in Sing Bi, and I drank more this year.

The transition was simpler to handle: just wear my shoes, cap and grab a bottle and towards the run I go! The route was the same as last year, so not much of a problem.. After 2 hours, I was at the finish.. Managed to finish the race in 1 piece. Got my 'rewards', barang x2 and took a quick wash before proceeding to Sentosa to meet my youths who were racing the Milo Youth Tryathlon!

Met them for lunch, and shared the joys and funny things that happened during our respective races.. had a great time together.. Best thing is that they got a real tin of Milo to brew and drink!
Haha.. Anyways I am not a fast runner or swimmer, so I am glad that I finished the race.

Result:
(Position out of 1255)1150 (No.)4194 (Name)YEO WEE HWA (Cat.)Men's Open 1 (Wave)2 (Swim Time)0:50:48 (1km)1:00:12 (6km)1:35:28 (Run time)1:10:14 (Total)2:01:02

Yeo

No comments: