Sunday, March 01, 2009

Saturday Fellowship...

The youth wing of my church (The Tacklebox) has a once-a-month event/program which is named Saturday Fellowship. Basically this program aims to bring youth from The Boys' Brigade/Girl's Brigade, FaithActs and our church youth together for a time of fun, fellowship and sharing. On the last day of February 2009, we had a steamboat buffet in church.. Hungry...

I was asked to share a testimony as part of the program, but I had a problem: I had no clue what to say to them! It has been a while since I had the opportunity to share a testimony and despite the fact that I was a teacher-to-be, this is something that requires alot of thinking. And without ground info, it was difficult for me to share something that can relate to the participants (Guess I had too high a standand for myself!)

Went there 15mins late, and realized that there were many who were there, that made it worse! I started to ask people what I can do to help: From the preparation, serving of soup and drink, to ensuring that things were running smoothly, I just became a busybody in anything I can do..

As time passes by, my time of sharing dragged to 8pm (from 7.15pm given), and that gave me more time to think. The Lord then gave me an inspiration: Sharing about service to people, and how God served us in the highest way possible: His death on the cross for our sins. What happens next is history...

Not sure about the responses about the people who were listening, but I thanked God for this sharing, cause I was able to see how Christ served His people while He's on earth, and I learnt that Christ's death was His service at the highest cost (Mark 10:45, Romans 5:8). I was also reminded that God convicts the hearts of the people, not my sharing or words.

Tomorrow resumes school and that means alot of things to complete... Got to work harder, brain!

To God be the Glory...

Yeo

1 comment:

yp said...

saw you at work... Proud of you bro!