Saturday, April 11, 2009

101.3km...

A blessed and belated Good Friday to all! I managed to complete my first 100km ride on Fri morning, at the expense of my Good Friday service in church. I'm sorry for not being able to pull off a alert body and mind to attend..

The race (training la) started at 1015pm and ended at 3.15 am, Good Friday morn. Took around 4hrs and 35mins to complete. I almost got to see Jesus face to face (aka die, crashed or met with accident) twice, but He didn't allowed me to be in that state.

Thank God. I was frustrated by both incidents, cause it seemed that both car drivers did not see me and took their own time (1st case) and initiative (2nd case)to drive their way.. Sad but got to realize that we share the roads, thus I must be more careful in future riding..

Anyways... got back and after all the washing and parking, slept at 4.30am.. and did not wake up till 1130am, Gd Fri morning. So I missed the service. Will rest for a day or 2 before proceed with training on Monday..

My route: Stirling Rd, Commonwealth Ave, C'wealth Ave West, Boon Lay Way (Along MRT line). Turn left at junction of Boon Lay Way and Jalan Boon Lay, Jln Bahar, Lim Chu Kang Rd (the temp runway included), turning right to Neo Tiew Rd and on to Kranji Way and Loop (across Kranji Reservoir too!), turning right at junction of Kranji Rd and Woodlands Rd, riding down and turning left to Mandai Rd and Ave, all the way to Yishun Ave 1 (thru Upper Seletar Reservoir), West Camp Road, Edgware Rd, Jalan Kayu and Picadally Circus/Circle.

Then U turn, reversing the direction.. You are warned of the consequences of riding through this route at night!!

Yeo

No comments: