Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Life: Life as a toddler...

Another day has passed. Today is my 2nd nephew's birthday! 1yr old, so whole family went out to walk around and have fun. Peace at home for today!

Back to my series, heehee. I lived with my maternal granny for almost 6 years (as a toddler), and I stayed in her one-room rented flat in Bukit Merah View. The flat is still there, but it will be returned to the government soon, as my 3rd auntie has found a new home and this old flat will be vacated for others to live. I would stay with her during weekdays and will return to my parents on weekends, and I would always cry when I was brought to my parents' home and she left off..Guess this is what happens when we are close knit with someone whom we know and stayed for a long time.

One thing that i liked to do then was to move around. I was eager to look around my neighbourhood and even out of it, to see what was interesting 'out there'. One of the toys that I has was a red plastic car, which I found in a rubbish chute. The car was able to fit a toddler and had feet pedals that could make the car move when it is pressed to and fro. It also had a 'real' steering wheel to turn the car around. Boy was I excited when I took it out of the home to ride, getting the feel of riding at a young age! Sadly, the car was thrown away, caused it did not fit me anymore. I was really sad when I heard from my granny that it was thrown away...

I remembered one vivid incident at the age of 4-5, which shocked my grandma and my mom. Up till now, I really marvelled my ability to do that: I went out of home! My granny was doing her things in the kitchen and the front door was open. So I went out, took a lift down, walked to the main street, hailed a cab and went to Taman Ho Swee, where my 4th Auntie was staying then. When I got there, I was really one crying boy and my parents? One worried pair of adults. I was thinking: If not for the nice taxi driver who really brought me to THS, I would have no idea where I would be today!!

Up till the age of 6, I was living with my granny. After 6, my parents decided to stop putting me at my granny's home and move house to Margaret Drive, where I would spend my next 12 years in...The next section of my blog: My primary school days (Yr 1-3)..

Take care and thanks for reading!

No comments: