Sunday, May 24, 2009

My rebellious years.. (P4-6)

Describing the next 3 years of my life as rebellious and cocky was suitable, as these were the qualities that I possessed..

I remembered that when I was in P3, I was able to answer a difficult math question in one of the assembly period in school, in which one of my schoolmate, Alan got the answer. But i went out to answer. Because of that answering of question, I was known in school as a clever person. I got attention, but I was not content by it. I think that incident triggered a series of things that caused me to be moving to the 'dark side'. Anyway, I was already in the dark side in the eyes of God then, for I did not know God and was a sinner in His Eyes..

Pri 4 was a time of rebellion for me: Incomplete work and corrections, my grades went down and I was always punished by my FT, Mr Leong CW as a result of my unfinished work. Primary 5 was worse: I remembered being caned by my teacher for not completing my homework and still go for hockey competition. I was caned in front of the class and I was very ashamed of myself.
There was an incident which displayed my cockiness in front of the whole school, and I think i lost the respect of my peers in school. I remembered that it was a environment competition, and I did a lot of research prior to it, as such I was quite knowledgable about it. On the day itself, there was a question that was posed to my opponent's team. They answered wrongly, and immediately I laughed loudly at them, not knowing after a while that people were looking at me. My laughter was like of "Aiyo so easy to answer, how can they got it wrong!!" that kind of mentality.. That's it...

As a whole, primary school was great for me. I remembered having quite a few CCAs such as choir, prefectorial board, audio-resource club and a bit of hockey. After PSLE, it was really sad for me to leave school, but life still had to go on and what's ahead would be more challenging and exciting.

Next blog section, my secondary school years.. A time where many youth go through to search for their identity...

No comments: