Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Primay School Years (P 1-3)

Back to blogging stuff about my life.. Guess it's another way that I can remember things, just in case I get Alzhemier's Disease later in my life (must play more mahjong!)...

From Redhill, my family moved house to Margaret Drive, which my parents bought 2nd-hand in 1987. I stayed there for around 12 years, before moving to my present home in Stirling Road. It was a great place to stay then , with a food centre, library, polyclinic, 2 churches, a secondary school (Queensway) and a shopping centre within walking distance. My primary school was 2 bus stops away. Sadly things change, and the shopping centre was demolished, the polyclinic was shifted and the primary school renovated...

Back to my little life. I was in Queenstown Pri from 1988-1993, with Mrs Yeo (P1/1) and Ms Maria Choy (P2/1, 3/1) as my FTs. Life then was simple: 30 cents for a small bowl of mee or mee rebus, and snacks at cheap prices. Learning was simple and free from stress.. The first 2 years of my school life was simple, but at P2, my FT made a deep impression in my life. Her presence in my life for 2 years was critical in where I wanted to go today - teaching profession. It's been almost 20 years since we lost contact though, wonder how she is now...

It was in P3 where I experienced 'puppy love' (heehee). There was this Indonesian girl who was in my class for a period of time, 1 month I think. Her name was Rosemary (still can remember!!) and she was a cute and beautiful girl (blush). Though there were no obvious signs or actions that I did then to express my 'love', I remembered crying in secret (Put an open book up on the table and cry behind) when my FT shared with us that she would be leaving our class to go back to Indonesia. I thinked Ms Choy knew about something, but did not elaborate... So embarassing!

On a side note, there was something happening then, that in a sense paved my way to know the Lord. For a period of time, I would saw a middle aged guy, sitting down in a coffee shop near my home and whenever I walked passed him after school, he will stop me and talked to me. Interestingly, i was comfortable talking to him for a while. This continued for a while, till I did not see him there anymore..To be continued..

Anyways, my life as a pre-teen then was far much better compared to now, where kids got so many work to complete.. Sigh. Next blog, i will talk about life in P4-6, where I changed for the worse!!

Take care and rest well!

No comments: