Sunday, September 17, 2006

A day of rest and relax, before the battle..

Sundays are usually reserved for my church and family. I'm the only believer in the family, so I can be a little stressed up sometimes in terms of showing my faith to them. As for my church, more stress!! Why? Cause I facilitate a few cell groups in church, so must lead them into spiritual maturity..all the more scary when some of them are knowledgable in the Bible, and I need to think 'higher ability questions' for them.

But what I fear most is their destination after death. As most of them are born in Christian families, they are inculcated with biblical values right from they learn ABCs. Some of them are really knowledgeable, but when asked personal questions about their faith, some of my group kids cannot answer them or they kept quiet. What are they thinking? Can they really say that they believe that Jesus died for their sins and they had committed thier lives to Him, as Savior and Lord? That's my concern for them, cause if they do not have Jesus in their heart, their destination after death is hell. Period.

Even though I am training to be a teacher, I have difficulty expressing myself in English, and sometimes I blend in other dialects and Chinese in my sharing of things. It can be really interesting to share what you know in another language other than English, and the results can be heart-provoking at times (cause it's more personal to me..though annoying to the others..).

Tonight, we will be going down to Haggen Daz (Forgive me for the spelling..) with my mom and bro for choc fondue. Prepare for a loss of voice and more pimples!!

Line to ponder: Da3 shi4 teng2 ni3 ma4 shi4 ai4 (In Chinese, To beat you is to dote you; to scold you is love you..)

Yeo

No comments: