Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sprint, OD, HIM, IM..

Woke up at 8.. first thing i did: Connent to WWW, and looking forward to Ironman World Championship 2006, Kona Hawaii. Quite a few sport events coming up near the end of the year, Standard Chartered Marathon, World Gymnastic Championships, F1 season finale and others. But I chose Ironman, mainly because that what I hope to do in future..

But only read a bit, stop abruptly as I need to go to church (to minister and be ministered), so stopped at the point where they showed Normann doing his marathon.. B4 I left, I checked the leaderboard, it was Normann Stadler and Michellie (confirmed spelt wrongly) Jones leading the pack.. so exciting.

Then after my youth group, got my 3G mobile and surfed the webbie and found that both of them won the Ironman Pro category! Good for them, both are avenging their losses (Normann had a blown tyre and had to DNF; while Michellie was second to 6x world champion Natacha Badmann of Switzerland in 2005) with victories.

Later at home went in to know more about Ironman triathlon and saw Ironman Canada, 1989 World Championships in Kona. But the most intriguing one was the clip of Julie Moss competing the 1982 Ironman. Really admire her strength and determination, sadly she lost the championship then.

Really want to an Ironman when I grow old, but as the saying says "Go slow", so I targeted the Osim tri in 2007 (Sprint or OD..stil deciding)..Heehee start training soon..

A thot for bros and sis in Christ: When God says NO, it means YES to something better.

Yeo

No comments: