Sunday, October 01, 2006

I'm Stupid, Rash and ??

I completed my first biathlon (500m swim, 5K run) last Sat morning, but I got injured in the completion of it..

My last post talked about DNPing the biathlon due to the injury. The morning of the competition, it felt okie, thus I decided to go for it. Ate well, rested not so well (Slept for a few minutes, then woke up..), was ready to go.

The swim was okie, but the problem started at the run, where I felt a twitch in my knee. By then, I should have stopped, but I continued with the pain.. It got worse and I struggled through the run. At last after attaining the completion of it, I was walking like a penguin: I could not bend my legs properly..Went to see a doc and got medicine for it- Inclusive of a visit to sports clinic for a check and possibly some physio.

When I told some of my friends about it, they commented about my rashness. My parents were also worried for me. In my heart, I was disappointed with myself. By trying to gain personal glory, I disregarded my parents' concerns and advices and proceeded on to do something stupid to my body. So do not think that your parents do not care for you when they do not respond to your needs or comment something on you. They are concerned for you!!

After the rest needed to heal it, I will come back again. Next goal..Triathlon in 2007.

Thot for us: Think with your mind before you act with your heart.

No comments: