Wednesday, October 18, 2006

An update of my grandma: It's been like almost 3 weeks since she was hospitalized and her condition is stabilized. Recently she had a bout of skin rashes on her skin, especially on her face and back. Guess she had been been scratching (and her immunity is low, so a higher incidence of infection). A skin biposy had been done this morning and results will not be out so early.

She had been able to drink juices and water (though she hated to eat solid food) and had a happier disposition. God has been blessing her in sustaining her life and having the care and support of my aunties and uncles. Her fluid overload case seemed to have dwindled but she's still under medication. BTW, she's 'like a child' now (despite being 76), stubborn and needed to be coaxed for exercise.

Just as life seemed better for me, I heard that my dad was admitted to hospital on Tuesday night. The situation was that while working (around 3pm), he complained of acute pain in his abdomen area, and decided to cycle to the polyclinic to check. The doc referred him to SGH and he cycled back home, changed and went to the hospital (bearing the pain). Admitted to A & E in the evening, and now on normal ward.

Docs suspected a stomach ulcer that might have gave way, but concrete tests need to be done to establish the exact problem. They said that surgery might be the last resort, if things do not go well. Anyway, i will be updated by them on his conditions. Hope that it is not serious..

Is the Lord telling me something thru these incidents?? I have no idea at this point, busy and troubled by things around me. But i do know that He is sovereign and willl take care of things. I just need to continue to do His Will faithfully and ...

Thanks for your prayers and concerns. Do ask for your prayers and your understanding if I am busy or if my temper goes 'wild' during this time.

Yeo

No comments: